What is medical information?
Every pharmaceutical company has a medical information (MI) department which is responsible for providing robust scientific and clinical information about the pharmaceutical company's medicines. MI departments are staffed by experienced professionals who are trained and skilled in the function of providing medical information.
The MI department provides up-to-date, balanced and accurate medical information to healthcare professionals, patients & carers, including, but not limited to:
- Information about the clinical use of medicines
- Information about the ingredients of medicinal products
- Information about the storage and temperature stability of medical products
- Information about the pharmaceutical company that may be not be available elsewhere
- Safety information and the recommended use of products